Thursday, November 1, 2012

You miss your water when the well is dry...

You never miss your water until the well runs dry. I have no idea who first said this. I have heard it all of my life.

I spoke with many people who did not have lights, heat and some other basics. Once those things are restored, we may see those things with a deeper appreciation.

I know I appreciate the heat that has kept me warm throughout the night. I appreciate the lights that helps in keeping me from falling or bumping into things in the darkness. I appreciate my home phone and my cell phone that is not only fully charged but works and I can reach out to family, friends and neighbors. I appreciate the warm tea, the warm meals that I prepare and the clean water that I am able to drink.

After an experience such as Hurricane Sandy, how can I just go through another minute without a greater appreciation of those things that I may have taken for granted. I always thought I appreciated everything. Now, I believe that I do but even more so when they are not there momentarily.

Meditation: contemplate on, I am grateful for all that I have. I appreciate what I have even more. I am grateful. Take 3 deep cleansing breaths and now go into the silence for at least 3 minutes. Lovely LadyFran

No comments:

Post a Comment