Monday, November 26, 2012

Helping others...

I remember when I was a young child, if anyone asked me to help them, I did it without hesitation. There was so much joy that I received when someone asked me to do something for them. As I got older more people asked for my help and never asked if I needed their help. It was as though some of these people did not realize that I was human too. The joy seem to leave me when I was asked for help.

I saw other people misusing me. I had to re-exam how to respond when giving my service or help to others. In my heart, in that deep space, I know that I am a giver. Knowing that I am a giver, somehow I had to recapture that joyous giver that I am.

It took a long time to realize helping others also means to help yourself and to expect support. When we pray asking God's help, it comes through people. People are meant to help each other. I once heard someone say, when you are doing for others you do not get tired. This seemingly is true but it is not. You do have more energy than normal, yet all of us need to rest. When I do for others, I feel fulfilled.

The body is a form that requires rest, sleep, water, food and rejuvenating from time to time. Once we realize that no one person can save the world, we can allow others to step in and help when we cannot. It took a long time for me to "get this".

Meditation: contemplate on, I listen to my inner voice and I follow the guidance of the Spirit of God. I open my arms to help others and I know when to allow others to step in and help. Take 3 deep cleansing breaths. Go into the silence for at least 3 minutes. Lovely LadyFran

No comments:

Post a Comment