Friday, November 30, 2012

Walk slowly...

I find that when I rush, I miss out on the small things. My frame of mind is focused around getting to what I have to do or where I have to be. Even if I accomplish what I set out to, I can not really enjoy it.

I have given myself a mantra "walk slowly". When I get up in the morning, I get up slowly and just sit with myself for a few minutes. I do not rush to go anywhere anymore. I answer slowly. I used to think I had to give my answers almost before the question or comment was finished. This was having confidence to me, or so I thought, because I answered so quickly.

When I thought this way, I was allowing parts of myself to go places and be with people and it was not what I wanted to do. This would definitely give me stress. I was not living from an authentic place. I rarely commit to something anymore without talking it over with "myself. I say silently to myself, "walk slowly".

Since I have been saying and using this mantra, I have become more confident. I do not let another person  try to talk me into anything; because I am walking slowly. I find that I show up wherever I am suppose to with more energy because I want to be there. When I whole heartedly give my word that I will do something, I feel better doing whatever was asked of me. I am not suggesting that I am never caught off guard but usually this does not happen often. I contribute this new confidence to taking myself serious and "walking slowly".

Meditation: contemplate on, I am allowing my divine plan to unfold in its own time. I walk slowly on my journey enjoying every step of the way. Take 3 deep breaths. Go into the silence for at least 3 minutes. Lovely LadyFran

No comments:

Post a Comment