Monday, November 12, 2012

I seek others with faith...

5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
7 And Jesus said unto him, I will come and heal him.
8 ...but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me; and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this,  and he doeth it.    Matthew 8: 5-9



How many times have we had a belief about something that we want but our faith seems to quiver? We are a community and we are to support each other, especially in truth.

Do seek out another person who knows the truth about you and join with them to strengthen your faith. It seems to me that is what the story of the Centurion and his servant was about. The Centurion knew his power and said to Jesus that Jesus could speak the word from where he was and his servant would do it, that is, heal.

Jesus affirmed with the Centurion and the servant was healed. We are not alone. If my faith is not firm yet I know I have faith, I seek out someone who knows the truth about me or my family member and working through community, a healing takes place.

We are in times where we can not do anything by ourselves. We live in communities and we must seek and join with those of us who are of great faith for truth and the good of all concerned.

Meditation: contemplate on, with my faith, I seek others with faith and together through community, I expect a healing to take place. Take 3 deep breaths and then, go into the silence for at least 3 minutes. Lovely LadyFran

No comments:

Post a Comment