Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Making time to just be...

There is so much to distract us from giving our full attention to ourselves, family and friends. There does not even seem to be enough time to still ourselves and just be.

I was watching Oprah's Super Soul Sunday and her guest was Eckhart Tolle, who said this society's attention is involved in smartphones, computers, tablets and many more gadgets.

I too am caught up in this technological feast. I love gadgets. I get so involved with my smartphone that I spend hours on it. I love all the apps and features that this wonderful gadget has. I do the same with my tablet and all the other gadgets that I have. Eckhart Tolle said that this involvement is merely collecting information but spending quiet time is necessary to expanding our consciousness.

Taking a time out from your computer and other electronics is healthy. Even a short amount of time is helpful. Not having enough time is only a thought. We do not have to believe every thought that comes through our minds. We can choose the thought, I do have enough time, and we can just do it.
 
Meditation: contemplate on, I give my full attention to all the blessings that come to me today. I make time in my day to be still and be. I am grateful for this day. Take 3 deep cleansing breaths. Go into the silence for at least 3 minutes. Lovely LadyFran

No comments:

Post a Comment